Featured Post

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Goodbyes


 Goodbye Grandma, I'm going to miss you. She sounded sincere, and her lips formed into a compassionate shovel, but at the same time I could tell that my four year old granddaughter was looking forward to the new adventure that lay just around the corner.

I had gone through this before. The day her mother left us to join the love of her life across the border, it had hurt almost as bad, but at least I could be there to watch her glow with joy as she headed up the isle.

We could travel to see her any time, and when their son was born, I was there to help. And when they came back to Canada, I was able to home school him and his younger sister. God had been so good to give me that privilege. I was blessed.

But now, this littlest, the late arrival, was ready to start school. I was going to miss out on that special bonding that happens between a teacher and her student. I had already had a taste. She had been coming over a couple of times a week to “have school” with me, and I loved it. I believed I could make a difference in her life, but now she is gone. I can't even expect to cross the border to see her any time soon. The border is closed. Why Lord?

And then He speaks to me. “Trust me! I have a plan!” His words bring comfort, as I realize that God has it all under control. He still expects me to do my part. My biggest job has always been to fight the battles through prayer, and that hasn't changed.

My littlest granddaughter is having a wonderful time in her new environment. She has fallen in love with a very special auntie who is showering her with lots of personal attention, and the grandma that was left behind is almost forgotten.

But I don't mind. You see, I love her and her family, and I want, above all, to know that they are in the place God has designed for them to be. That's what a mother's, (and a grandmother's) love is all about.

For the previous post see: I Can and I Will if it is God's Will
For the next post see: Past Failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment