Featured Post

Thursday, August 5, 2021

The Blessing of Acknowleging your Blessings


The guy with the microphone was coming straight towards me even though I hadn't raised my hand. He reached across the pew to position the mic right under my nose. He grinned. “I didn't see your hand up today, but I know you always have a testimony, right?”

He was right. I always did. I couldn't imagine going through a whole week and not having something for which to thank my Lord. This time I was trying to leave the talking to others, but no one else was speaking up. I might have been like that. I could easily have turned into the kind of person who just lets God do all that good stuff in their lives, yet never openly gives thanks, but oh, what a blessing I would be missing!

I can remember the small youth group where my testifying started. There were maybe six teens, and we all were trying to grow. We had testimony time every week, and the guy leading that day made a suggestion that I will never forget. He said, “If you can go through a whole week with nothing to thank God for, then you better start wondering if you are starting to back-slide.”

Now I realize that's a mighty strong statement, and I know not many people are willing to bare their soul to whoever is willing to listen, but the concept still holds true. If we are walking with God, we should take note of His hand in our life, and whether we speak it out loud to an audience, or whisper our thanksgiving to Him, our acknowledgement of the way He has blessed us will bring us a second blessing.

When I started writing The Path HeChose for Me it was with this thought in mind. After all, There is only so much time in even the longest church service for testimonies, and everyone needs the chance to be thankful. I also new that sometimes, what I had to say struck a cord with someone else, someone who may have been going through the same situation and needed to know that God still had their back just as He had mine.

I knew God wanted me to share, not only my blessings and my victories, but also my failures. Sometimes that's where we get bogged down, and the blessing stops because we are too ashamed to praise Him for the victories which eventually follow. Always remember, they will follow if we keep praising and looking to Him.

I pray that as you read The Path HeChose for Me, and follow the continuation as it will appear in this blog, that it will remind you of situations where God worked in your life to bless you or help you grow. If this happens, please share it with us in the comments. We would love to hear of your blessings, and pray for you as you go through the trials that will eventually lead to blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment